Monday, February 6, 2012

Idea yang bernas untuk Autisma


Jim Lyman and son Eli

Roses for Autism was the inspiration of a father of a teen with autism. Like many parents of children with disabilities, Jim Lyman dreamt of a future where his son, Eli, would have a meaningful job and continued opportunities to grow as an individual.

Through his work in agriculture Jim knew that local farmers were struggling to find qualified workers to keep their businesses alive. He had the vision to see a perfect opportunity for an innovative program that would meet the needs of both the autism and agricultural communities.

Roses for Autism not only provides individuals on the autism spectrum the chance to learn the skills necessary to maintain meaningful employment, but also serves as a model that can be replicated nationwide to develop unique opportunities for them as a whole new competitive workforce.

Started in 2009, Roses for Autism is the first business endeavor for Growing Possibilities, a nonprofit social enterprise founded by Ability Beyond Disability that is dedicated to growing independence in the business world for individuals with Autism and other disabilities.

OUR ROSES

“I’m thrilled. I really didn’t think I’d be going back into roses, but I’m excited to be doing again what my family has done for generations. But the best part really is that the project is designed to fill a need in the community so we’re giving back as well, and that feels great.”

- Tom Pinchbeck, head grower, Roses for Autism








In October of 2008 Tom Pinchbeck, third generation owner of Pinchbeck Farm, thought that he had sold his last rose. Due to foreign competition, he was forced to close the family rose business after over eighty years of operation. Little did Tom know that a close friend was dreaming up an idea that would help develop a skilled workforce that could revive the Pinchbeck Farm.

Today the Roses for Autism Program is making Pinchbeck’s prized roses available to the community once again. The only difference in the roses offered today is that they are grown, cut and packaged in an integrated community with individuals on the autism spectrum.

We have 16 varieties of full blooming beautiful fragrant roses, three varieties of lilies and multiple colors of Gerbera Daisies…all grown locally here in Connecticut, year round in our heated greenhouses.




TESTIMONIALS

Here is what some of our customers have to say about us:


"I was having a pretty dull day until your roses arived. They really brightened things up. I can't believe how long they last or how great they smell."
-Alison

"I used to buy roses at Pinchbeck's Rose Farm and I'm so glad to see the farm back in buisiness. I always buy roses when I'm in Guilford, because the ones you get everywhere else are just not the same."
- Anonymous

"I just love the purple [lavender] roses. They smell just fantastic and are beautiful."
- Anne

"I had absolutely beautiful centerpieces made by the staff at Roses for Autism, they lasted for 2 weeks!"
- Karen

"I recently bought two separate half dozen rose orders for/from the Hillcrest Middle School in Trumbull. I just wanted to say how beautiful your roses are and how beautifully they smell. I have gotten roses many times over the years and they never smell. Your roses are wonderful. My house is filled with the scent."
- Anonymous

"I have beautiful petite red roses on my counter. They are already 5 days old and are still just beautiful. Support Roses for Autism."
- Christine

EVENT

Contact us for how we can help make your wedding or special event even more wonderful…




To find out more about our Corporate Service options contact sales@rosesforautism.com.



Sumber: http://www.rosesforautism.com

No comments:

Post a Comment