Sunday, December 4, 2011

Autism

Dear Autism,

First I want to thank you! I want to thank you for all the quirkiness my son has. For making him different because being normal is over rated. I want to thank you for making me a stronger person and a better parent. For allowing me to experience even the smallest milestones as if they were a blessing from God. But I must admit I haven't liked you very much lately.He often strikes ou...t at those who love him the most. . You make me waiting, to hear the word "mummy" from him.You've made me cry and fear for my child's future. Fear that if I'm not here then he will have no one because you also chased his father far away. That fear has made me stronger and I will fight you! I will tell my son to be proud of you and to hold his head high. I will tell my son that you are only a small aspect of who he is and that he can overcome you. Thank you Autism for helping to create a beautiful child that is a ray of sunshine on even the darkest days. You can stay as long as you understand that I will fight you until my dying breath.

Rujukan: Thila A. Naidu (FB)

No comments:

Post a Comment